Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I figure we better get to know each other....at least a little bit

So, I figure if I'm going to be baring my soul, we should probably get to know each other.
I've just hit the age of the "real world" - 30 - and am planning my wedding which is coming up way to fast (November 24th). Sometimes I still can't believe I'm getting hitched, who would have known that I'd be marrying the other half of my 'dirty dancing' escapade from the Bohemian.

My Mom and my brother mean the world to me. I lost my father June 24, 2007 in a road rage car accident and on that day my entire world changed forever - I lost my best friend, my confidante, my mentor and my laughing buddy. To put it truthfully, I lost everything at that very moment, when the ground cracked beneath me. I'm sure you will come to see that I like to write about my Dad. He was the funniest, most sincere person and everyone who new him, or even had heard of him, smiled when they heard his name. When our tight knit family of four changed to a family of three, we got closer. I talk to my Mom every night and message my brother throughout the day - we are tight, and that's how it will always be.

I have some of the best friends anyone could ask for. I love to laugh and tend to find the bright side whenever possible - seriously, life is far to short and you need to make the conscious decision to make the most of it. No regrets, just life lessons.
One thing I won't talk about is work - I deal with it enough during the day so this space will be 'work free' - so to speak.

That's enough about me ........for now......




No comments:

Post a Comment